I’m a lover of all warm spices, so naturally I LOVE chai tea. I enjoy it all year round; summer = iced, winter = hot. With all the specialty coffee shops carrying it all year round, I’m set. But what if you don’t want to drop $4+ on a cup of chai (gets really expensive)? Or what if you are nowhere near a coffee shop? I’ve got the solution! It’s a Vanilla Chai Tea Mix where when hot water is added to dissolve the ingredients, it can be enjoyed hot OR cold. You can make it with or without the vanilla too. Note: recipe was adapted from AllRecipes.
This recipe is extremely easy to make and I’ll bet you have most of the ingredients in your cupboard. You can also make extra and give it as a gift all year round (especially nice as a holiday gift). Let me show you how to make it
If you need more visuals for recipes, just CLICK HERE for step by step instructions with pictures in my recipe blog post.
Vanilla Chai Tea Mix
This Vanilla Chai Tea Mix tastes very similar to the Trader Joes Instant Chai. It's fast to make a big batch. Impress your friends and give it away as a gift! The spices will warm your soul! Get step-by-step picture instructions: http://recipesingoodtaste.com/?recipe=recipe-vanilla-chai-tea-mix
- 2 1/2 cups nonfat dry milk (powdered milk)
- 1 1/4 cup French vanilla flavored non-dairy creamer (powdered variety)
- 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar (confectioner sugar or icing sugar)
- 1 1/2 cup unsweetened instant tea (I used decaf )
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper (optional)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- 1 tiny beans scraped from one vanilla bean pod (optional)
Recipe URL: http://recipesingoodtaste.com/?recipe=recipe-vanilla-chai-tea-mix
||In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Working in batches, use a blender or food processor to blend until mixture is the consistency of fine powder. I used a 7-cup food processor to make this recipe. |
||To serve: Stir 2 heaping tablespoons Vanilla Chai Tea Mix into an 8 ounce mug of hot water. |
Enjoy the comfort of food!